UK Overstays its Carbon Budget for 2019
Today on 8 May is the UK’s Overshoot Day. This means that the United Kingdom for the rest of 2019 is living outside the planetary boundaries and is stealing (because you don’t borrow something you can’t return), the carbon budgets from future generations and people in developing countries. The Global Overshoot day is around the 1st of August, but those in more developed countries will hit their days earlier. This must come to an end. We must act collectively for climate justice. We must move the date.
Your Eco delivers renewable energy systems and consultancy services in the UK, and works overseas in a sustainable development capacity.
Why Solar PV for your business?
- Funding – 100% fully funded with the VAT deferred 3-months to enable its recovery through your quarterly submission before paying it out.
- Monitoring – Online Solar Edge monitoring system through a smartphone, tablet and/or laptop providing the real-time performance to module level and with the ability to set alarms to enable reactive maintenance
- Maintenance – Your Eco will provide training to your in-house nominated individuals on the requirement so that any works, in the unlikely event they be required can be undertaken reactively in accordance with the monitoring system alarms and product warranties.
- Warranties – Product warranty from the manufacturers on core components (modules and mounting 10-years, inverters 12-years and optimisers 25-years) and performance warranty of 25-years on modules ensure risks are mitigated on damage or failure. Note in addition we have only proposed bankable manufacturers (Solar Edge inverter/optimisers and Van der Valk mounting) with Trina being recognised as the world’s most financially solar panel for the 3rd year running by Bloomberg.
- Planning – No planning required with the system falling under permitted development based on; not being within a conservation area, panels being 1m in from buildings edge and panels not higher than 1m from the highest point of the roof (they sit flush with the roof and below the ridge). You have several neighbours with PV installed including the Constabulary building which I was involved in and oversaw several years ago.
- CSR – In a period of an increased need to act in the fight against climate change, the deployment of solar can both help off-set carbon within the business and demonstrate a positive intent and an underlying CSR commitment to your customers who are increasingly looking at ethical supply-chains and services providers.